Want to know one interesting fact about lips? The reason why it’s so pink or reddish in color is that there are a lot of nerve endings on the lips. It also makes it much more sensitive compared to other parts of the body. This is why it is prone to the smallest changes in the environment from humidity, temperature, and even pollution.
It’s said that our lips are the closest parts of the body that can approximately tell the temperature. This is how sensitive it is. But as it is still a skin, it also needs some lip treatment and nourishment since it tends to suffer from conditions such as drying and chapping. On worst cases, it even bleeds. For your lip care woes, here are the natural remedies that you will definitely enjoy.
Easy to find, natural, and safe for the lips, what more can you ask for?
Chasing the Drought Away
Dry lips are either the effect of not drinking enough water or the cold temperature. Other factors include the habit of biting or licking the lips. If you haven’t known of this before then you’re in luck.
- You can now try to limit and stop the habit of licking the lips. It robs the moisture and causes the dryness.
- Some lip care products also do more harm than good. Some of them have ingredients such as petroleum or mint. They tend to evaporate the moisture which makes you apply them more frequently.
- Try exfoliating the lips with a sugar scrub, or any homemade scrub. Sugar has emolliating properties, so even if you’re removing the dead skin cells from the skin and the surface, which has dried, it will still moisturize the lips.
- Put on essential oils to give it a plump look instead of using lip gloss or lipstick. Peppermint is a great choice. It gives it a fuller volume and even keeps the lips moisturized for a long time.
- Apply products that contain hyaluronic acids on lips to make your lips softer and plumper. On the other hand, not all hyaluronic acid serum may be applied to your lips. It will strengthen the thin protective barrier of your lips to prevent drying and cracking as well.
Soothing Chapped Lips
Chapped lips are worst cases of drying. It might escalate to cracked and bleeding, but before it does, prevent it with these natural lip conditioner products and methods!
- Use a humidifier if the temperature is too cold and there is not enough moisture in the air. It alleviates chapped lips and even helps the skin feel moisturized.
- Stop the use of lipsticks and glosses and instead, stick to lip balms! Try going for organic formulas to reduce risks of allergic reactions.
- Avoid artificial scents and fragrances and instead, use essential oils if you want to give your lips a soothing or unique aroma.
- Put on some sunscreen on the lips. You’re probably forgetting about this important step in lip care. But even that thin skin needs protection from UV rays. Dry and chapped lips are also effects of prolonged exposure to UV rays.
- Drinking a lot of water is still also the best remedy to chapped lips. Don’t forget to replenish the water content of the body since it is the primary source of hydration of the lips.
Healing Cracked and Bleeding Lips
The worst-case scenario of damaged lips is cracked and bleeding ones. It is the escalated form of chapping and tends to be painful for those who suffer from it. To treat it fast, here are some tips for you.
- Avoid putting on lip care formulas that have chemicals or ingredients that can dry lips. They aggravate the condition of the lips.
- Moisturize the lips with pure oils or highly moisturizing organic products like beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter. They are safe to use on the lips.
- Make it a habit to put on some of the moisturizing products on lips every night like honey and cucumber.
- Consult a doctor if the bleeding and cracked lips don’t get better within a week. It is still the best answer to your solutions.